3.02.2006

Questions and Answers #6

Q I want to start being Shomer Habris what is the first step?

A The first thing you should do is the following. Circle around your room or apt. gather every object of impurity that you can find. This includes books magazines movies cds dvds..... Do not have mercy on any of these objects if you are attached to them or care about their monetary value. Next gather all these object wrap them in 3 garbage bags and cary them a number of blocks from your home. Find a garbage where you are sure that no one will open the bags. THen throw the bag in the garbage bin. As you are doing this say the following with your mouth. Hashem mighty king of the Universe I am fully aware that I am covered with sins of impurity, however now I am making a move to show that I am trying to cut myself off from my sins. What I am doing now is a very large sacrifice and it is extremely hard for me to do so. However I am forcing myself to do it. May this action count in front of you like a large sacrifice and in merit of this action you will help me fight my desires until I will eventually demolish them and become completely shomer Habris.

Q I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. It is clear now that the reason I don't stay "shomer habrit" is simple" I don't want to. So the root of the problem is that I simply don't want to. Although I am aware of the terrible consequences of spilling seed, I still just don't want to be pure. So what would you and Reb Nachman say to a guy like me who knows about the sexual demons that he's creating by spilling seed...but still does not want to stop with this sin. The bottom-line is: I don't want to.
A Fear is not enough to stop a person long term, for this is the hardest desire that a person has to beat. Logically you want to stop however your body desires and emotions all of which are controlled by your Klipot do not want to stop. What you must do is the following you have to begin weakening your desires. For now do this estimate how often you are Pogem. Then make a commitment that for the next month you will only sin half of the regular amount.


Q Some Rabbi told me to start wearing a red string

A Most of these red strings are fake.If this "Rabbi" has anything to do with berg and his Kabbalah center then he is irrelevent and should be ignored

No comments: